3400 W. 6th Street. #200. Los Angeles, CA 90020

Admissions of students without regard to race, color


[email protected]

3400 W. 6th Street. #200

Los Angeles, CA 90020

10:00 - 16:00

Monday to Thursday

International Student

“But as for you, continue in what you have learned
and have become convinced of”

International Admission Policy

Emmanuel University(EU) is authorized under Federal Law to enroll non-Immigrant alien students.
All international students who apply for the I-20 must have proof of financial stability in order to enroll at EU.  International students can apply through the Admissions Office for all necessary paperwork.
In order to study at EU a foreign student must first obtain a student visa from their local U.S. Embassy or Consulate. In order to obtain a student visa, the student must first register at EU and provide the school with a completed I-20 Application, $150 non-refundable Registration Fee, and proof of financial support. Upon receiving the required documents, EU will issue you a completed I-20 with an Acceptance Letter. You must then take the I-20 and SEVIS I-901 fee receipt to your local embassy or consulate with your supporting financial documents.

Before a U.S. Consul or Embassy will grant you a student visa, you must prove that you will have sufficient funds to meet all your expenses while studying the U.S. Unless you show written evidence of having financial support for the entire time needed to complete your program, you will not be granted a student visa.  As of October 7, 2008 U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and SEVIS have changed the policy for F-1 Visas, requiring a fee of $200 (SEVIS Form I-901 fee). You can pay at https://www. fmjfee.com/i901fee/index.html#. This payment will have to be made before you attend your interview with the U.S. Consulate.

For more information on student visas, please visit the U.S. Department of State website:            http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types 1268.html
Please feel free to contact our admissions office for further questions. 

To complete the Form I-901, you need one of the following documents:

The most recent Form I-20, Certificate of Eligibility of Nonimmigrant Student Status, issued by Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-approved school you plan to attend.
The most recent Form DS-2019, Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status, issued by the exchange visitor program you plan to participate in. 

Language Requirements

Students are required to be proficient in the language of the course in which the student will be registered. Students whose primary language is not English and wish to enroll in an English taught course and international students must provide a copy of their TOEFL exam results showing a minimum score of 500 (92 on the Internet Based Exam or higher).

The school reserves the right to require English testing and/or support classes if your application materials and interviews indicate that your level of English proficiency may not be sufficient for theological studies. In addition, faculty at Emmanuel University may require students to take English support classes if students appear to be having difficulty in their studies. This is for your benefit. Your ability to communicate in English will be important for success in your studies at Emmanuel University. 

Language Requirement Waivers

The English Language Requirement may be waived if the applicant is a native of or studied in full-time status for at least one academic year within the last five years in U.S.,
Students from the following countries are exempt from Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, Ireland , New Zealand,


Application Steps

Once we receive your application, we will need a few days to process and review the application.
If we decide that you are accepted, you will receive a Letter of Acceptance from Emmanuel University.

  1. You must apply via the EU Application along with a $150 registration fee.
  2. Enrollment Agreement
  3. Official transcripts or Diploma

If you are already on F1 status and want to transfer to Emmanuel University (EU) from another U.S. university, you can transfer to Emmanuel University(EU) and maintain your F1 status as a full-time study please submit the following added items: 

  • Transfer-In Form  (EU’ Forms)
  • A Copy of Passport
  • A Copy of I-94
  • A Copy of VISA
  • A Copy of I-20 for Your Current School
  • Bank Balance Evidence  (in English)
    – All Program:  $ 28,000 or greater
  • Declaration of Financial Support (if you available, EU’ form)
  • A Copy of Diploma or Official Transcript (In English)